the fam

the fam

Thursday 10 May 2012

A Country Wedding

At the end of March my 'little' cousin got married... I say 'little' when in fact she's now in her 30s! I still remember many Summer holidays playing with her and her older siblings in the village where they lived


The day started cold and foggy but as we travelled towards Leicestershire the sun began to peep through. After the lovely ceremony in the church on the grounds of Prestwold Hall, we all walkedup a leafy lane to the venue.



What a beautiful location for a wedding! The house was superb and the grounds just
breath-taking

thanks to my Mum for the shot of Prestwold Hall


The sun began to shine and friends and family gathered on the lawns for canapes. We were served prawns with chili and ginger dip, chicken satay, scallops and stilton and chutney pastries. The atmosphere was so relaxed as we sipped sparkling rose and admired the view.





My cousin Kim looked absolutely stunning in her vintage style lace wedding dress (and Tom scrubbed up well too!) I couldn't believe how she was now all grown up...brought a tear to my eye!



The whole day had such a lovely relaxed feel to it and we really enjoyed spending time with all of our family.
Prestwold Hall was a fantastic choice and the weather could not have been better. Once inside we could wander round freely and we were made to feel totally at ease.

Mum & Dad making themselves at home!
The speeches were short and funny and the atmosphere remained fun throughout the day. We met some really lovely people on our table and the food...well I don't think I've ever enjoyed food at a wedding as much as I did that day...it was delicious!!


I was very touched to see that Kim and Tom had named their tables after the year family members had got married. My table was 1947..the year my Dad's parents Edna & Bill (my Nanny & Grandad) were married. So lovely that they were included in the special day.


Then it was time to party! Kim & Tom had their first dance (more welling up on my part!) then I hit the dancefloor with my fabulous cousins, brother, my parents, uncles, aunties and other (slightly) tipsy wedding guests. The playlist was cheesy but so much fun...9 to 5 and Thriller were particular highlights!!


Although there was a professional photographer on the day (we've yet to see the photos as the pair jetted off to India for a 3 week honeymoon!)


My brother has recently started out as a wedding photographer himself. Here are some of his lovely shots from the day....












OK, OK I know it's blatant nepotism but hey, I like his work and I hope you will too. Funny how we've both ended up being part of the wedding industry...please take a look at Wayne's site below

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely excellent from a very proud mum. A great post and stunning pictures well done to you and Wayne and of course best wishes to the newly weds!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding, the bride looked so beautiful and such a lovely venue.

    I'm also getting married in August so am facinated by all things wedding at the moment. thank you so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. And I know 'smecks' very well she is lovely and so is her little boy. Lovely blog and I am a new follower.

    Safia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I would love to hear your feedback or comments. I will try my best to reply!